Tern Verge S8i 20” Folding Bike
The Verge S8i is the world’s most versatile ultra-low-maintenance folding bike.
It’s designed around a Gates belt drive and Shimano’s 8-speed internal-gear Alfine hub. The result is a practically silent super-commuter with no greasy parts or protruding derailleurs, plus a gear range for any incline. The S8i has an extra-long wheelbase and Schwalbe Big Apple tires, so it rolls confidently over any and all potholes. It will get you there quickly, cleanly and most importantly, in style.
- Revolutionary Gates Carbon Drive drivetrain for a quiet, light and clean bike
- Shimano Deore hydraulic disc brakes for extreme stopping power
- Andros™ handlebar stem for tool-free riding position adjustments on the fly
- Bright, wide-beam Valo™ Light powered by the BioLogic Joule™ 3 electricity-generating hub
- Schwalbe Big Apple tires with Kevlar puncture protection
- Folds in under 10 seconds to fit under a desk
- Fenders for rainy days
- Cargo Rack for hauling up to 25 kg (55 lb)
- Size: 20”
- Speed: 8 Speed
- Max weight: 120kb (264lb)
- Frame: Tern Verge, hydroformed aluminium w/smooth TIG welding, OCL+ joint, 3 patented technologies
- Fork: Tarsus, 6061-AL, hydroformed
- Stem: Tern Andros, adjustable, forged construction, patented technology
- Headset: Flux Pro, angular contact bearings, Physis integrated
- Handlebars: Kinetix Comp, double-butted 6061-Al
- Bar Tape/Grips: Phorm, w/bar end
- Saddle: Tern Porter+, patented GripPad design, PrimeGel padding
- Seat Post: Stasis by Syntace, 7050-Al, hard-anodized
- Seat Clamp: Syntance OverLook
- Spokes: Stainless, double-butted
- Rims: Kinetix Comp, doublewall
- Tyres: Schwalbe Big Apple 55-406, puncture protection, Reflex
- Shifters: Shimano Alfine, 1 x 8 spd
- Crankset: Gates Carbon Drive
- Cassette/Freewheel: Gates CDX, precision CNC machined cog
- Bottom Bracket: Cartridge, sealed bearings
- Chain: Gates Carbon Drive belt
- Pedals: MKS UB-LITE EZY, QR
- Bell Type: Pitch, brass
- Kickstand: Rear mount, Pletscher design
- Front Light: Tern Valo 2, integrated, 41 lux/150 lumens
- Rear Light: Spanninga Pixeo XDS
- Colour: Metallic Grey
Please Note: Due to ongoing issues in the supply chain, this bike is subject to specification changes without notice. Any changes made will be using equivalent or higher quality parts.
**Some minor assembly is required. See our video (below) or consult our assembly guide for assistance.
Unfortunately, we are not able to process faulty or warranty bike returns through our warehouse. If your bike develops a fault, please take it to your nearest GO Outdoors store where we have a full workshop and trained mechanics who will be able to assist you.
Please note, this excludes Hathersage and Southport stores.