QUECHUA - Adults Category 4 Sunglasses
Quote from The Merchant's Website:
"Our optical engineers developed these sunglasses for hiking. Ideal for use in the mountains thanks to their light weight, as well as their hold.
Anti-UV lenses block out 100% of the sun’s harmful rays and category 4 protects you from glare. The technology of polarised lenses lets you make out hilly areas and contrasts better."
- Coverage: Wraparound shape: protects your eyes from wind, spray and inclement weather.
- Polarised: Polarised lens: reduces reflections from horizontal surfaces.
- Sun protection: Category 4 lens - 100% UV filter: perfect for very sunny weather or at altitude.
- Lightweight: Just 28 g.
- Field of vision: Large lenses for superior peripheral vision.
- Stability: Temple tips in flexible material: good retention on the face.
- Robustness: Polycarbonate glasses made from high resistance plastic.
- Compatibility: Compatible with the MH ACC 100 L (4145874) and 500 L (4174684) retainer straps.
- An anti-UV material, but what is it for?
- To protect your eyes from an invisible danger... UV rays.
- UV radiation is always present, in winter or summer, in sunny or even cloudy weather, and it can be harmful to your eyes and their contours.
- To preserve your vision, the lenses of our sunglasses are made of polycarbonate mixed with an "anti UV" material which protects you from the harmful rays of the sun (UVA and UVB).
- The best for your outdoor activities!
- The polarised lenses intensify the colours and improve contrasts as well as the view of the terrain.
- They provide very good protection and excellent comfort by only transmitting the light in one axis, also protecting you from glare by blocking the rays which are reflected off horizontal surfaces (water, snow, etc.)
- The only downside is that it makes it difficult to read screens (phone, etc.) as the polarising treatment lowers the brightness of the screens.
- Classification of tinted lenses according to the ISO 12312-1 standard:
- - Category 1: lens with a light tint for reduced sunlight.
- - Category 2: lens with a medium tint for average sunlight.
- - Category 3: dark lens for strong sunlight (sea and mountains). Between 82% and 92% of visible light absorbed
- - Category 4: very dark lens, for exceptionally strong sunlight (high mountains). Between 92% and 97% of visible light absorbed
Good to know
- Our lenses are made of polycarbonate, a material that is highly resistant to impacts but whose major weakness is that they are vulnerable to scratching.
- Bear in mind that even if your lenses are scratched, the UV protection does not decrease; the mirror effect is purely for aesthetic purposes.
- The same goes for the colour of our tinted lenses.
- Whether they are grey, brown or coloured… you can choose your glasses according to your taste and you will still be protected, whatever the colour.
FRAMES CREATED USING A BIO-BASED POLYMER
- For the frame of these sunglasses we use Rilsan Clear G850 Rnew, a polymer made from castor oil.
- This bio-based material is a real asset in our development process and is tailored to making lightweight and flexible frames.
MORE ECO-FRIENDLY GLASSES FRAMES
- To reduce the environmental impact of our glasses, action can also taken on the material used.
- On the frames of these sunglasses, we have reduced the amount of varnish and paint, and everything is incorporated directly in the mould of the product.
- This is not yet enough, which is why we are working to ensure that, one day, these sunglasses will be 100% eco-designed.