ITIWIT - 3-Person Touring Kayak High-Pressure Dropstitch Floor
Quote from The Merchant's Website:
"Our team of enthusiasts has developed this kayak for beginners to tour with 2 or 3 people, in calm waters, from 2 to 3 hours
Seats three adults in a raised position for great paddling comfort. Stability and performance."
- Volume: For 2 to 3 people, up to a maximum of 245 kg (540 lbs).
- Easy assembly / dismantling: Inflates in 10 minutes with a dual action hand pump.
- Stability: Side tubes and a wide inflatable floor for good stability.
- Glide performance: The bow shape gives the kayak good glide performance. 3 keels.
- Sitting comfort: Raised seat for comfort when at rest and when paddling.
- Robustness: Dropstitch bottom. Tarpaulin side tubes with pressure relief valves.
Technical data and weight.
- INFLATED SIZE
- Length: 410 cm
- Width: 102 cm
- FOLDED & BAGGED SIZE
- Height: 72 cm
- Width: 45 cm
- Thickness: 37 cm
- Weight: 18 kg
- Maximum floor pressure: 0.34 bar (5 psi)
- Side tube and seat pressure: 0.2 bar (3 psi)
- Number of seats: 2 or 3 seats
- Content: kayak, bag, repair kit, 3 fins, user guide, inflation connector, strap.
- PUMP NOT INCLUDED
- For use with an Itiwit double-action hand pump with adapters
Inflation tips and floor positioning
- Connect the ITIWIT pump (sold separately) by twisting the pump adapter 1/4 turn and inflate the floor to 5 psi. Finish by screwing the cap back on.
- Put the floor inside the kayak and strap it at the ends. The floor valve must be aligned with the side tube valves located at the back of the kayak. The floor's position must allow free access to the drain plugs located in the middle of the kayak.
Side tube and seat inflation tips
- Connect the ITIWIT pump (sold separately) by twisting the pump adapter 1/4 turn and inflate the side tubes to 3 psi. Finish by screwing the cap back on.
- Each side tube has a pressure relief valve. Its purpose is to evacuate excess air resulting from overinflation. When this happens, you may notice a hissing sound. This hissing is normal, it can happen during inflation or after prolonged exposure to sun. It will stop once the kayak reaches
- the correct internal pressure
Seat comfort and positioning.
- The seats are high, providing increased comfort for adults in the paddling position.
- Position the seats on the floor using the Velcro areas located under the seat and on the floor.
- Stow any bags or equipment into the kayak's rear hatch or attach to the rear deck.
- The boat is ready to be launched.
The deck of the Itiwit 100+ is based on the same dropstitch construction as the inflatable stand-up paddle boards. Dropstitch is a mesh made of polyester yarns between two layers of PVC. When the deck is inflated to a high pressure, the threads are stretched and the construction becomes very strong, thus avoiding any deformation.
- Remove the seats and slightly deflate the floor to make it easier to rinse out.
- Rinse the kayak, bottom and seats with clean water after each use to avoid damage from sand, salt water and sun.
- Open the drain plugs located in the middle of the kayak and at the rear. Tip the kayak to empty out the water.
Disassembly & folding
- Make sure that the surface you intend to fold the kayak on is clean. Remove the fins.
- Deflate the side bladders. The valves are located at the back of the kayak. PLEASE NOTE: Do not unscrew the pressure relief valves at the front.
- Fold the floor.
- Fold the rest of the kayak in half lengthwise. Flatten the front fin base.
- Lay the rolled floor on the front end. Roll the kayak to the rear end.
- Strap the kayak.
Once dry and clean, the kayak should be stored in a dry and shady place, protected from significant temperature changes.The kayak can be stored folded but if you have enough space, storing it flat and slightly inflated will extend its life.
- Spare parts are available for Itiwit X100+ kayaks from after-sales service. Visit the workshop at your nearest Decathlon store to collect or order some.
- Drop Stitch floor: 8561072
- Pressure relief valve: 8561069
- Carry bag: 8605095
- Paddle rip-tab: 8561070
Directions for use.
We recommend that you use the product with a buoyancy vest.
regulations for canoes-kayaks measuring less than 3.50 metres
Is your canoe-kayak inflatable or rigid and is less than 3.5 metres?You have what is called a beach craft.You must always stay 300 metres from a shelter (any place on the coast where any boat or vessel and its crew can get to safety by anchoring or berthing and leave without assistance).Buoyancy aids are not mandatory but strongly recommended to make it easier to get back in the boat if you fall out.
regulations for canoes-kayaks measuring more than 3.50 metres
Your canoe-kayak is rigid or inflatable with at least 2 separate air chambers.It measure more than 3.5 metres.It is "sea approved" by the manufacturer.You can paddle up to 2 nautical miles (approx. 3 km) from shore.You will need a number of safety features.You can find these elements using this link:https://www.itiwit.fr/reglementation-pour-faire-du-canoe-kayak