QUECHUA - Wood-Burning Camping Stove Light Grey
Quote from The Merchant's Website:
"Rest from your hike by this wood-burning stove and get ready for a toasty meal around a camp fire.
The secondary combustion of this easy-to-use wood-burning stove helps heat up your food while reducing smoke."
- Power: Very powerful, second combustion. Boiling time for 1 L of water: 10 min.
- Autonomy: Works so long as there is wood. Reduces smoke thanks to air flow.
- Compatibility: All types of wood with max length 15cm and max diameter 5 cm.
- Ease of use: Ash pan, door to add fuel on the side, handle, case.
Precautions for use
- Before use, check that you are in a location that authorises fires or barbecues. Do not used in enclosed spaces.
- During use, the stove will become very hot and flames will come out of the top of the product.
- Do not use within 5 metres of a tent or housing. Do not touch the stove with your hands when in use and when it is cooling.
- In windy conditions, be careful, flames will be larger and hotter.
How to light your stove
- To light your stove, load wood into the middle component then light it (either using kindling or a fire lighter). The dryer the wood, the better the combustion.
- Then load gradually as the wood burns to fuel the stove.
Secondary combustion: what is it?
When lighting the stove, the main combustion chamber will first generate an incomplete combustion and will smoke. After a few minutes, the air between the 2 walls of the stove will heat up and as it leaves the holes at the top of the chimney, will begin secondary combustion. You will then see flames at the top of the stove. This secondary combustion will reduce the amount of smoke and enable an almost complete combustion of the wood.
Directions for use
- Once the stove is lit, you can use it as a contained camp fire and load wood from the top. You can also heat with or cook on it, loading wood through the side, with the door open. Never touch the stove or door with your hands: use the handle (metal rod) provided to move the parts. Never leave the handle in the fire or it will get very hot.
- Use pans that can be used on fire.
Once you have finished using your stove, it will remain hot for a long time. Check that the fire is out (you can pour water on it to cool it faster). Move and handle the stove with the handle to empty the ash pan and any wood residue in the stove. Once the stove is cold, put it back in its case.
After use, you can wash your stove in soapy water and dry it before storage. The product is 100% stainless steel.
Weight and dimensions
- Total weight: 1580 grams (stove: 1380 g (Case: 150g / Handle: 50g).
- Product size: Diameter: 22 cm / Height: 24.5 cm.