Giro Women's Terra MIPS Ski/Snowboard Helmet
The Terra is sleek in design and low profile, with a host of Giro’s necessary comfort and safety features built-in. The Passive Aggressive venting system provides optimum airflow and temperature regulation, while Stack Ventilation draws hot air away from goggles to help your vision stay crystal clear. In-mould construction keeps the weight to a minimum and MIPS reduces the effects of rotational forces from an oblique blow. Giro’s highly successful In Form 2 fit system allows for fine-tuning at the twist of a dial making their helmets one of the most comfortable you will find.
- Size Guide: Small 52-55.5cm Medium 55.5-59cm
- Venting: Passive
- Sizing System: Adjustable
- Weight: 435g
- Construction: In-Mould
- Safety standard: eN 1077 Class B
- Additional Safety: MIPS can provide more protection in certain impacts. The main components of a MIPS equipped helmet are 1. The Interior Foam Liner, 2. the Low Friction Liner and 3. an elastomeric attachment system. In an angled impact, the elastomeric attachment system stretches to allow the foam liner to rotate independently around your head.
- Venting: Giro's Passive Aggressive venting system is a discrete exterior vent design and interior channelling (including the liner and padding) that combine to create optimal airflow and temperature regulation. This auto-venting technology manages airflow and temperature while riding, hiking or standing still.Stack Venting was developed based on research showing the majority of the warm air that can cause fogging exhausts from the centre top vent of the goggle. Aligning the Stack Vent in the helmet with the vent of your goggles helps to keep them clear and fog-free.
- Sizing SystemThe In Form fit system makes it easy to dial in a custom fit in seconds, even with gloves on. An ergo-friendly dial at the base of the helmet provides up to 6cm of adjustment and enhanced stability. The Vertical Tuning feature accommodates different goggles and head shapes for a custom fit free of gaper gap.
- ConstructionIn-mould construction fuses a tough polycarbonate outer shell with the helmet’s impact-absorbing foam liner. The fusion process allows for better ventilation systems, making In-mould helmets lighter and cooler than traditional helmets.