Giro Synthe Helmet (MIPS) - Large 59-63cm Black
Protection legends Giro and MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System) come together at last in the stylish and effective Synthe Road Cycle Helmet. Keeping your head still in the event of certain impacts (you can find the science bit below), along with a Roll Cage™ reinforcement with the EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) foam liner. But improved protection doesn’t mean reduced aero performance thanks to ventilation perfected in the wind tunnel. This elaborate design combines active vents in the helmet’s shell with exhaust channels inside the helmet that thrust fresh, cool air over and around the rider’s head while forcing heat and stale air out. It’s the most effective cooling system available, and a difference you can feel every time you ride.
- Sizing Note: Sizing as per size guide.
- Aerodynamic design
- Featherweight Webbing with Slimeline buckle
- Roll Cage internal reinforcement
- Ponytail compatible
- In-mould polycarbonate shell
- Thermoformed SL reinforcement
- Roc Loc Air-Fit system
- 26 Wind Tunnel vents with internal channelling
- Weight: 254g (CE Medium)
Roc Loc® Air-Fit System This revolutionary fit system adds a new dimension to helmet performance by enhancing cooling, as well as fit comfort and stability. Using a patented design that suspends the helmet just slightly off the top of the skull, Roc Loc® Air allows cool airflow to pass directly over your head, further enhancing the performance of vents and internal channelling that exhaust heat out of the helmet. Fit and feel adjustments mimic the Roc Loc® 5, allowing you to easily custom tune fit tension and fore-aft tilt of the helmet in seconds using a single hand. Roll Cage™ Reinforcement The Roll Cage™ is a light-yet-tough web of reinforcement invisibly moulded inside a helmet’s foam liner. It helps the helmet to hold together under impact and provides an extra measure of strength and integrity that you’ll never notice...unless you need it.
What is MIPS?
• MIPS is a Brain Protection System
• Rotational motion can cause brain injuries
• The low friction layer allows a sliding movement of 10–15 mm, in all directions, reducing rotational motion to the brain during impact
• MIPS adds protection Giro Crash Replacement Scheme If you have an accident in any helmet it's a good idea to replace it. Giro offer the peace of mind that if you have an accident wearing one of their helmets they will replace it at a reduced price.