Exotac Matchcap XL Waterproof Match Case
Starting a fire in cold, damp and windy conditions is tricky enough already. Why make it tougher by trying to light your tinder with wet matches? Exotac’s MATCHCAP XL is a nearly indestructible waterproof case for keeping matches dry. The case is long enough to house almost any common match, from household matches to storm-proof types, while also leaving room for a wad of cotton wool or similar tinder and even other survival items such as water purification tablets. The MATCHCAP XL also incorporates an integral red-phosphorus striker with a large striking surface, positioned so that it that won’t come into contact with the match heads, yet simultaneously protected from water ingress by an O-ring sealed cap.
- Double the capacity of previous generation Exotac MATCHCAP, with 250% increased striking surface for lighting matches
- Integrated replaceable safety-match striker is located inside the cap protected by an O-ring. Because it's on the outside of the capsule, the stored matches won't rub on it either
- Bottom of case has integrated sandpaper pad for use with strike-anywhere matches, which is water-resistant and great when everything else is too wet to use as a striking surface
- Completely waterproof design with O-ring seal that prevents water and moisture intrusion at depths of not less than 15 ft (5 m)
- Anodised aluminium body is crush-proof and extremely durable
- Large capsule can fit matches up to 2.9 in. (74 mm) in length, including the popular Storm-proof Match as well as your basic kitchen match and everything in between.
- Larger diameter and height for increased capacity, leaving more space for tinder storage even if using longer Storm-proof matches
- Straight-walled inside diameter for easy access
- Scalloped body allows easy match removal
- Includes spare O-rings and match strikers
- For maximum match capacity, place the majority of the matches head up with a few head down
- Made in the USA